Wisconsin Compounding Pharmacy for Custom Prescriptions
Available Position for Aseptic Technician
Job Title: Aseptic Technician
Company’s Mission Statement: MD Custom Rx will be the trusted source by healthcare providers whose patients require specialized medications and treatment plans. We are committed to ensuring every patient’s personal satisfaction and improving every physician’s desired outcome by operating a state of the art compounding laboratory. We are committed to exceptional service, highest quality standards, and education.
Aseptic compounding allows MD Custom Rx to fill vital orders for Compounded Sterile Preparations. Without an Aseptic Technician’s devotion to his/her work patients, physicians and clinics would not be able to have the customized treatments they require. In addition, there is a tremendous drug shortage occurring and through Aseptic Compounding, we are able to assist in meeting such critical needs.
MD Custom Rx is a compounding-only pharmacy, accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), which prepares customized medications in order to meet unique patient needs not being properly met through commercial products. We are a full service compounding operation, meaning we not only provide Sterile Compounded Preparation, but we also provide general compounded preparations (i.e. capsules, creams, suppositories, etc) as well. We have been playing an intensive role in helping local hospitals and clinics meet drug shortage needs as well, during the current drug shortage epidemic.
The role of Aseptic Technician would involve spending most of your days compounding Sterile Preparation within a laminar air flow hood within our United States Pharmacopeia (USP) <797> compliant clean room facility. Your duties would include the preparation of mostly high risk Sterile Compounded Preparations as well as environmental monitoring and cleaning/disinfecting accordingly. You will need to prove competency in all aspects of training, garbing, hand washing, and high risk media fills prior to the preparation of actual orders. This position requires knowledge of Aseptic Technique and USP <797> requirements. The ideal candidate will possess incredible pride, ownership and responsibility in their work as well as having an exquisite attention to detail and meticulous aseptic technique. You must have some aseptic compounding experience.
The position of Aseptic Technique leaves no room for error and is vital for the success of our organization. We rely on our compounding technicians to carry out their compounding duties with the outmost precision since accuracy and quality are vital to our mission.
How to Apply:
Please present your resume in person at:
MD Custom Rx
19035 W. Capitol Dr. Ste. 105
Brookfield, WI 53045
Please ask to speak with either Dan Zatarski PharmD or John Waclawski RPh
If you are unable to present your resume in person please call the pharmacy at: 262-373-1050 and ask to speak with either Dan Zatarski PharmD or John Waclawski RP
MDCustomRx is an independent, family owned, Milwaukee area compounding pharmacy that differs from traditional pharmacies in that we do not dispense commercially manufactured pharmaceuticals. At MDCustomRx, all prescriptions are custom made for patients based on physician orders. The pharmacy is stocked with raw pharmaceutical grade ingredients used in the preparation of medications for medical conditions, skin conditions, dental treatments, veterinary medicine and pediatric care. Unique equipment such as an ointment mill, powder blender, electronic balance, encapsulation machine, powder containment hood, incubators, convection oven, and laminar flow hood are used by Monica and staff to prepare custom prescriptions. Sterile products are produced in a state of the art clean room which was custom built for MDCustomRx.
Custom Prescriptions that Work
The types of prescriptions compounded by Monica and her staff are endless. They include topical pain gels for neuropathy, topical gels for nausea, capsules and tablets for arthritis and inflammation, suppositories for infertility, injectables for impotency and injectables for high risk pregnancy just to name a few. Compounded prescriptions for animals are also prepared at MDCustomRx - have your vet contact us for custom prescriptions that will be just for your pet.
Hormone Balance Consultations
Monica consults with patients and physicians on issues involving symptoms of hormone imbalance. Based on test results and physician orders, Monica and her staff prepare compounded prescriptions using bio-identical hormones. She has worked with hundreds of female and male patients and their physicians to help them safely reduce or eliminate symptoms associated with menopause, peri-menopause, pms and andropause. Her consultations are by appointment. MDCustomRx is the only pharmacy of its type in Wisconsin. Monica encourages patients and physicians to consult with her on issues pertaining to medication and therapy challenges.
Continuing Education with Continous Facility Testing
Our pharmacists strive to obtain the highest standard of continuing education in order to be the most up to date in their knowledge of drug manipulation and compounding techniques. Secondly, you can expect to find the most state-of-the-art compounding laboratory complete with USP <797 compliant clean room with concomitant ante and prep room facilities. We ensure in-house environmental testing and scheduled sterility and potency testing on all of our sterile compounded products and scheduled testing on all compounded preparations.
The Triad Relationship: Patient - Physician - Pharmacist
At MDCustomRx you will find a staff of professional and caring pharmacists and technicians who are devoted to the patient-physician-pharmacist triad, which consists of the philosophy that by working together we can best meet the individual needs of the patient. Compounding is achieved through this essential triad relationship -- patient, physician and pharmacist. This enables patients to receive the type of personalized care they deserve and allows independent community pharmacists the opportunity to provide superior, patient-oriented services. This triad relationship between the patient, the physician, and the pharmacist is vital to the process of compounding so all three can work together to solve unique medical problems. Every patient is a unique human being and as such must choose a therapeutic approach that meets his or her own personal needs and expectations. Working together, the patient, healthcare provider and compounding pharmacist can identify options from which the patient can choose. The compounding pharmacist can help customize the therapy to fit a patient's needs/preferences regarding dose, dosage form, and flavoring. It only makes sense that the patient, healthcare provider and compounding pharmacist work together, melding their individual knowledge and skills, to produce the best possible therapeutic outcome.
MDCustomRx works together with Wisconsin doctors and patients to help relieve a wide variety of conditions - Multiple Sclerosis, Autism, Cancer, and many diseases which can be baffling and resistant to treatment are improved through the alternative treatments available from our Wisconsin compounding pharmacy.
Pharmacists Biographical Sketch
Monica Zatarski PharmD, RPh has been exposed to pharmacy innovation ever since she can remember. The daughter of John Waclawski RPh, CDE owner of Ye Olde Pharmacy in Glendale, WI, Monica has worked in her father's pharmacy since the age of 14, being mentored by one of the finest innovative pharmacists in the state. Monica graduated from the University of Wisconsin Madison with a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in May 2004 and immediately continued her work at Ye Olde Pharmacy now as a Registered Pharmacist specializing in prescription compounding and bio-identical hormone therapy. November 1st, 2005 she opened MD Custom Rx in which she specializes in the art of working together with a patient and their physician in order to make customized prescriptions.
What Makes MDCustomRx Unique
- Devoted to customized prescription compounding
- State-of-the-art laboratory and clean room facility (for sterile compounding)
- We meet USP <795> and <797> requirements
- 2 on-site pharmacists certified in Aseptic Compounding
- Modern equipment and advanced training allows us to ensure a quality preparation
- Offering FREE saliva hormone testing
- On-site bio-identical hormone specialist
- Offering It's All About Balance: A Hormone Consultation Program
- Carry Pharmaceutical Grade and Whole Food Nutritional Supplements
- Standard Process
- Phyto Pharmica
- Pure Encapsulations
- We work closely with patient and physicians in order to meet individual needs
Pharmaceutical Equipment That We Use
- Electronic Balances with Printers
- Hot Plate with Magnetic Stirrer
- Powder Containment Hood
- Jaansun 100 & 300 count capsules machines
- Ointment Mill
- Convection Oven
- Laminar Flow Hood
- Suppositories Molds, including the Rectal Rocket
- Lollipop Mold
- Troche Molds
- Electronic Mortar and Pestle
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A COMPOUNDING FACILITY
In order to ensure your safety, it is important to follow USP <795> regulations (for non-sterile preparations) and USP <797> (for sterile preparations).
Here is a list of important questions you should be prepared to discuss with the pharmacist:
- Do you follow USP <795>? - The pharmacist should know what you are talking about and feel comfortable answering this question.
- Does each preparation have its own identifying lot number? - A lot number serves as a means of tracking how the preparation was made and what was used to make the preparation in case a raw ingredient ever needs to be recalled or if a problem should arise with your prescription.
- Does the pharmacy keep Certificates of Analysis on file for all raw ingredients used in prescription compounding - Certificates of Analysis guarantee the potency and water content of raw ingredients. This is important in ensuring the correct weight needed to make your prescription.
- How does the pharmacy guarantee correct weights of raw ingredients? - For example at MD Custom Rx we have a printer, which is connected to our balance. The weight of each chemical is then printed and attached to the corresponding log sheet. This way we can always verify that the prescription was correctly compounded.
- Does the pharmacy keep and follow updated Standard Operating Procedures? - USP <795> requires that the pharmacy write and update Standard Operating Procedures on how every function is performed in the pharmacy.
- Does the pharmacy have scheduled testing performed on all compounded preparations? - Outside potency testing ensures that policies, procedures, and personnel are capable of producing a quality product.
- What professional compounding organizations do you belong to? - Support from professional compounding organizations offers important information on legal issues and can offer insight on stability, compatibility, and medical evidence for compounded formulations.
- What continuing education avenues are pursued for advancement in prescription compounding - Compounding education is and should be endless. It is important to ensue that personnel are up-to-date with chemical manipulation and compatibility.
For information on USP <797> regulating sterile compounding please see - http://www.mic4.com/regulations/USP-797.pdf#search=%22usp%20797%22
For more information
- MD Custom Rx Opens in Glendale (Glendale Chambers of Commerce News & Views, Winter 2006)
- Just What the Doctor Ordered (North Shore Herald, February 2006)
- MD Custom Rx (Today's Wisconsin Woman, March 2006)
- MD Custom Rx (Healthwise Monthly, March 2006)
- The Advantages of Custom Medication (Today's Wisconsin Woman, August 2006)
- Practice Spotlight (JPSW, March-April 2007)